Through service-learning, our students critically reflect on the Gospel values of compassion, solidarity, and the giving of self.
At St. John the Baptist Catholic School, each individual grade level partners with an area service organization or has identified a community need that can be answered through service. These ongoing partnerships allow our students to become connected citizens of their faith and physical communities while forming compassionate and moral characters. Students are deeply involved in the planning, organizing, and execution of these ongoing efforts.
- Preschool – Holiday Cheer for the Homebound of our Parish
- Kindergarten – Cardinal Ridge Nursing Home – Holiday Cheer
- First – Kindness Rocks! Our first graders spread joy and kindness throughout our community with painted rocks and messages.
- Second – Nourish Farms
- Third – Meals on Wheels and SJB Parish Homebound Ministries
- Fourth – The Giving Tree
- Fifth – Paul’s Pantry
- Middle School – Feed My Starving Children, SJB Parish Cemetary Clean Up
The Corporal Works of Mercy
Please click here for more information from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- Feed the Hungry
- Give Drink to the Thirsty
- Shelter the Homeless
- Visit the Sick
- Visit the Prisoners
- Bury the Dead
- Give Alms to the Poor