Through service learning, our students critically reflect on the Gospel values of compassion, solidarity, and the giving of self.
At St. John the Baptist Catholic School, each individual grade level partners with an area service organization or has identified a community need that can be answered through service. These ongoing partnerships allow our students to become connected citizens of their faith and physical communities while forming compassionate and moral characters. Students are deeply involved in the planning, organizing, and execution of these ongoing efforts.
- Middle School Leadership Club
- Preschool – Holiday Cheer for the Homebound of our Parish
- Kindergarten – Blankets for Sleep in Heavenly Peace
- First – Kindness Rocks! Our first graders spread joy and kindness throughout our community with painted rocks and messages.
- Second – Foster the Village Sucker Sale
- Third – Meals on Wheels and SJB Parish Homebound Ministries
- Fourth – The Giving Tree
- Fifth – Ringing Bells for Salvation Army and Carolling
- Middle School – Feed My Starving Children, SJB Parish Cemetary Clean Up
- All-School Service Projects also take place during Catholic Schools Week, Advent and Lent.
The Corporal Works of Mercy
- Feed the Hungry
- Give Drink to the Thirsty
- Shelter the Homeless
- Visit the Sick
- Visit the Prisoners
- Bury the Dead
- Give Alms to the Poor