Fundraising Service Hour Requirement
- Kindergarten through eighth-grade families have a fundraising service hour requirement of 20 hours per year.
- Those 20 hours must be spent doing fundraising activities approved by the Site Advisory Council. These fundraising activities support the direct needs of the students and the school, either saving or making the school money.
- Fundraising hours follow the current school calendar and do not carry over from year to year.
- During an eligible Fundraising Service Hour event, Fundraising Chairpersons are required to review and approve all volunteers’ hours. All volunteers are responsible for signing in and out of their event and verifying the accuracy of the hours.
How Can These Hours Be Fulfilled?
- Please see below for areas where help is needed and applicable sign-up links.
- In addition, please read the weekly electronic newsletters carefully as we will frequently share updates on where additional help is needed.
- Lastly, Families may also elect to “buy out” their hours. (Each family’s fundraising service hours are valued at $800 ($40 per hour). Unfulfilled service hours will be billed to school families at the rate of $40 per hour near the end of the year. This fee must be paid no later than June 30.)
Why Is This Required? Additional Details:
- Every year, GRACE establishes a fundraising requirement for our school. Meeting this fundraising requirement allows us to maintain competitive tuition rates. If this requirement is not met, the deficit will be billed to school families.
- If this requirement is exceeded, the surplus will be dedicated to enhancing the school environment.
- The application of this policy is at the discretion of the school administrator.
What is the Difference Between Service Hours and Stewardship?
- Service Hours are defined as “activities that support the direct needs of the students and the school, either saving or making the school money“.
- Stewardship activities include volunteer spots that contribute to the overall success of our school community but are not fundraising in nature. Examples of these include: serving coffee or donuts, assisting in the classrooms, volunteering in the community, etc. These activities, while essential, do not contribute to the service hour requirement because they are not an effort toward our fundraising goal.
Currently In Need of Volunteers:
GRACE Solo & Ensemble
The GRACE Solo & Ensemble will take place on Tuesday, February 28th.
Our annual spring auction will take place on Friday, April 14th at the Rock Garden/1951! A wide array of volunteers are needed to help pull off our largest fundraiser of the year! Check back often for more opportunities to be added to the lists!
- Sign up to help serve donuts/coffee or sell raffle tickets/registration after Mass on 4/2
- Sign Up for committees here. (Decorations, Callers, and Donations Logging – Many of these hours can be done on YOUR schedule!)
- Sign Up for the Main Event! (4/13, set up, 4/14 event date)
- The chairperson is Tiffany Schroeder. firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholastic Book Fair
The Scholastic Book Fair comes to school twice a year around the time of parent-teacher conferences. Get a head start on your Christmas and Easter shopping, pick up a good book to encourage reading, or purchase a book for your child’s classroom! Volunteers are needed to assist with set up, running the book fair, cashiering, take down, etc. Shifts are flexible and generally span 2-3 hours. VIRTUS training and background checks are required.
- Spring Fair – Sign Up Here
- The chairperson is Elizabeth Ariens at Lizzy.Ariens@gmail.com.
Attend the monthly SAC meeting (August-May) and earn service hours! Join us as we plan fundraisers, discuss important school events and needs, and coordinate efforts to make it all happen! We welcome you, on the second Wednesday of each month from 6:00-7:30 PM. We typically meet in the Fireplace Room in the Church. Watch the electronic newsletter for occasional changes in date/location. (1.5 hours per meeting)
Are you looking for an easy way to earn money for your child’s tuition? Use our Scrip program to buy gift cards for things you already purchase every day (such as gas, groceries, restaurant meals, gifts, etc.). 50% of the profit will be applied towards your tuition bill! We have families who earn hundreds of dollars off their tuition every year! For information about how to shop with Scrip, please click here.
- SCRIP purchased between June 2, 2021, and May 31, 2022, will go towards the 2022-2023 school year.
- To Sign-Up to sell SCRIP before/after mass, please click here! (earn service hours!)
- For more information, please contact Lynn McKean at email@example.com.
Friday, May 12th from 5-9 PM
- Sign Up Here
- The chairpeople are Eric Guzowski and Melissa Ferm
Golfing at Thornberry creates a great opportunity to gather a foursome of golf buddies to raise money for St. John the Baptist School.
- **This event takes place after the 2022-23 hours are due. This event will contribute towards your service hour requirement for 2023-24.
- Sign-Up Here! (Coming Soon)
- The chairpersons are Ericka and Ryan Krumrie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Longer In Need of Volunteers for 2022-23; Please Check Back in the Fall
GRACE Schools Calendar Raffle
The GRACE Schools Calendar Raffle fundraiser features $10,000 in total prize money. Profits support third-source funding, with each school getting credit for calendars sold. Drawings are scheduled every Wednesday and select other days throughout the calendar year. Drawings are held at the GRACE Administrative Office, 1822 Riverside Drive, Green Bay. Raffle winners will be posted on the day of the drawings on the GRACE Facebook page as well as on the GRACE website. Ticketholders are entered into every drawing, so there are multiple chances to win. All winnings are mailed directly to you!
The Chairperson is Jessica Van Den Bogart. email@example.com
Order Form Coming Soon!
Volunteers are needed to help get materials ready for students, count and record orders, distribute prizes, and work on advertising.
- This will take place:
- The chairperson is Nicole Smith. firstname.lastname@example.org
Box Tops for Education
Box Tops for Education is an important fundraising opportunity. Please review the flyers below to see the CLIP style box tops as well as the new SCAN style box tops:
- Box Tops is Changing
- 4 Ways to Box Tops
- Collection Sheet (CLIP Style)
- The chairperson is Krista Murphy at email@example.com.
Packer Booth and Portable
Anyone can work in the Packer Booth and the hours will count toward the SJB required service hours, but working a shift in the Booth is mandatory for all those participating in 5th-8th grade sports at any time during the year. If your child only participates in spring sports, working a Booth is still required.
- We are looking for volunteers for all games and new stand leads! Stand leads balance the registers, open & close the booth and ‘manage’ the Packer Booth volunteers from SJB on game day. Please reach out if you would like to pursue this role.
- Sign Up Here
- The chairperson is Michelle Nowak.
4 volunteers are needed every early dismissal (approximately 8:00 a.m.-11 a.m.) to pop the popcorn, fill popcorn bags, and deliver it to the classrooms. VIRTUS training and background checks are required.
- Sign Up Here
- The chairperson is Melissa Farr at Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall Harvest Festival
Fall Harvest is a great way to get in your service hours while watching your kids have fun. It is a night of games, food, prizes, and so much more – We are in need of many volunteers to run games, set up, and takedown.
- October 14, 2022 (Details to be shared in the electronic newsletter)
- Click here to view the event flyer.
- Sign Up Here
- The chairperson is Kari Trzinski. email@example.com